14/02/2012

Temporary Bus Route 541 13/02/12

This post is temporarily on this blog until I think I can move to an actual bus blog which I can update frequently.
Temporary bus route 541 was introduced after a road closure, replacing 147, 241 and N551 between Prince Regent and Canning Town through Kier Hardie Estate. After going to Watford, I went to Canning Town just for this bus route. Sorry for the lack of pictures/good video - I was on crutches at this point and it was getting very dark as it was about 1700 by the time I got to Canning Town from Watford, via Harrow, but that's for another post...

iBus for 541:

It is only expected to run until Victoria Dock Road reopens, which may be in May 2012.
Here is some footage of part of the route, even though may be useless as all the windows were dirty.

The bus that I was on was 17588 (LV52 HFX), one of two buses running the route at that time (the other was 17452).
17588 (LV52 HFX)

17452 (couldn't get front view because of crutches)

The publicity poster.


This was the ending to a good day, because after this, it was too dark to take more photos, and I needed to get to the other side of London to get home, so I went for the Jubilee Line and went home.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting post, nice pictures/videos (accidentally posted 2 comments lol)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.