11/04/2013

Heathrow PRT System (Heathrow Pods) 01/04/13

Just one more post to go! (110th post now)
Official Statement about former blogger James Panaligan underneath the post:

In the planning of Heathrow Terminal 5, a new personal rapid transport system was being developed - the ULTra PRT (now known in its application in Heathrow as the Heathrow Pods). It now, at the moment links the Business Car Park with Heathrow Terminal 5. It is not the first true PRT, but it is the first in the UK. The system contains three stations: T5, Business Parking A and Business Parking B. Lewis and I went for a ride on this system, stopping at every stop.

DSC00110
The Heathrow Pod.

DSC00085
The station at Heathrow T5

DSC00086
Pod loading. It's quite small in height.

DSC00092
A stack of pods being charged, waiting.

DSC00098
The PRT gives views of Heathrow Airport.

DSC00101
Information screen with a small fact.

DSC00105
Route selector screen at Business Parking B Station
DSC00107


DSC00108
Station B, with Lewis using the route selector

DSC00111

DSC00115
The advert pod at Business Parking A Station

DSC00116
Business Parking Station A with the Red Nose Day pod

DSC00118
Red Nose Day pod

DSC00122
Graphical showing of how to get to Terminal 5...

DSC00123
And finally back at Heathrow T5.

The pod system may be extended to cover other areas of the airport, and may even stretch further afield to the surrounding towns, including Staines.

The reason why there has been a long time between posts is due to off-blog events affecting the blog. This causes for the official statement:

At 1518hrs on 11th April 2013, James Panaligan left the blog after a number of weeks of arguing with me, Au. I'm just shell shocked about this and at this time, I feel quite unsure about the continuation of my blog. However, to replace James, Lewis Nagle will be promoted to being a blogger, in order to maintain order. There is now a backlog of many posts that will be released over the course of the month, and hopefully, I can live on through this hard time. The last insulting message that James sent me (under the chatango account of DW346) led me to doing this. He quit. I didn't fire him. He has now left the London Bus blogging scene, probably for good. After I had introduced him to it. How ironic. That's called betrayal.

PS: I am NOT constructing a will. Yet.

End.

4 comments:

  1. I went on the pods! I liked the pod a lot and I also tried every language. I took a long video rather than lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post Au on the Heathrow Pods. I was wondering since I'm a current independent blogger could you please add me to the Other Transport Blogs lists in order to boost my viewers. I look forward to the upcoming post and I wish your team good luck in the future. :)

    BusEnthusiast73 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good and looks like it's cool to travel in these pods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding parking spots nowadays have become difficult. This article is just perfect . parking at heathrow is really crucial especially if you will use the extended ones.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.